Supporting Australians doing it tough
We're proud that in our first year in office, 339,000 new jobs have been created. But even with unemployment at historic lows, we know there are still people struggling to find work and struggling to get by. As a Labor Government we will always strive to help those who need it the most. This budget does that by:
- Increasing Jobseeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy and other income support payments by $40 a fortnight.
- Expanding the single parent payment so it covers families until the youngest turns 14, up from 8.
- Boosting rent assistance for the first time in 30 years and investing in affordable housing.
- Investing to prevent family violence through the National Plan to End Violence Against Women and Children.
- Plus more support for disadvantaged communities.
Do you like this page?