- About Toggle Dropdown
- News Toggle Dropdown
Resources Stronger Community Grants 2019 Federal Labor funding allocated to Lalor 2007-2013 NBN Survey Local Achievements Community Survey New Residents Kits Flags Congratulatory Messages For Schools Mobile Office Ryan Report Lalor Heroes Volunteer Awards Local Lalor Honours Labor's Plan for Housing Affordability Small Business Policies
Joanne Ryan, yesterday, launched her inaugural Sports President evening at the Werribee Football Club.
‘As a netball coach and through the various sporting activities of my sons, I know it is important to recognise the vital work by so many volunteers, to make our local sporting clubs the success they are’.
From serving on the committee, to arranging rosters, maintaining our sporting facilities, running club fundraisers, collecting fees and ensuring sporting equipment and uniforms are in tip top condition, our local clubs are so well served by many volunteers.
The evening was an opportunity for local clubs to hear from Justin Madden, former AFL great and former Minister for Sport and the Commonwealth Games about the enormous value of sport and participation.
Joanne Ryan asked sporting clubs to think making a nomination for her annual volunteer awards.
The evening was also an opportunity to make a presentation to the latest Local Sporting Champions, a special award to recognise and assist for young athletes to achieve. The following young athletes were successful in Lalor.
- Zac Anthony competing in the Australian Junior Volleyball Championships
- Jacob Bosnjakovic competing in the Australian IRB Surf Championships
- Jesse Corbett competing in the Australian BMX titles
- Wesley Dejong competing in the Australian School Baseball championships
- Jacob Epperson competing in the Australian School Basketball championships
- Callan Gilboy competing in the Australian Indoor Cricket Championships
- Carly Giodmania competing in the President Shield Tenpin Bowling Championships
- Clare Hodgart competing in the Australian Cross Country Championships
- Lachlan King captain of the Victorian team for the Australian Indoor Cricket Championships
- Ethan Partridge competing in the Australian BMX titles
- Karlene Pircher competing in the Junior Pan Pac Swimming Championships
- Bradon Te Hiko competing in the Australian BMX titles
- Amanda Tessari competing in the Australian Youth Girls Football Championships
- Joshua Thomson competing in the President Shield Tenpin Bowling Championships
- Nathan Veal competing in the Australian Elite Junior Diving Championships
We wish these young athletes all the best in their various competitions and know they will great representatives of our local area.
‘I plan to make the local Sports President night an annual feature, if your club would like to be involved in the future please pass on your contact details to my office’.
Do you like this page?